- RUGBY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER- REGION 4
The Fiji Rugby Union is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, agile and self-motivated Rugby Development Officer.
• Delivery of the Union Strategic and Rugby Development plans.
• Delivery of Mass Participation programmes in your region of responsibility.
• Development of age-grade club rugby competitions for boys and girls your Region.
• Provides weekly plans and monthly reports to the NDM.
• Provides information relating to development as required by the NDM.
• Ensures that quarterly plans are in place and implemented to deliver outcomes required.
• Monitors Provincial Rugby development plans on a weekly basis.
• Manages the delivery of all FRU game development programmes and initiatives in the region.
• Manages game development programme budgets in the region.
• Identifies game development requirements within the Region.
• Supports all aspects of regional/provincial development.
• Promotes and encourages the application of regional long-term game development pathways for players, coaches & officials
• Delivers Level 1 courses and other courses as appropriate to the regional Rugby family.
• Co-Delivers Level 2 courses and other courses as appropriate to the regional Rugby family.
• Undertakes quality assurance as required an on-going basis.
Qualification and Work Experience:
• Preferably an WR Trainer / Educator or relevant qualification
• Must have good planning, training, organizational and people management skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates knowledge of aspects of Regional Union activities (strategic, operational, organizational, financial, rugby development).
• Advises Provincial Union on Rugby matters.
• Possess strong attention to detail and time management skills
• Prepares detailed reports on all aspects of development activities.
• Well versed with Microsoft office
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
2. Regional Coordinators (Central/ Eastern and Western/Northern) – 2 Positions
The Fiji Rugby Union and the New Zealand Rugby Union are looking for two Regional Coordinators to implement the Pacific Sporting Partnerships – Sports for Health (Rugby) Activity.
Your success in role will be dependent on your ability implement the ‘Quick Rip’ game in villages together with effective delivery of healthy lifestyle messages to teenagers across Fiji. Drawing on your strong relationship management, networking and influencing skills.
Experience having worked with young people would be valuable, as is a passion for sport and desire to help improve the lifestyles of the young people of Fiji.
You will have excellent organisational skills, coaching experience (preferably) and importantly a high level of self-motivation. This role requires regular travel including some after-hours work, so a clean, full driving license and a flexible attitude is crucial.
Applications for this position should include three referees and a current resume with an outline of your proven experience to carry out the role and how you meet the criteria mentioned above. The job description for this position can be obtained from http://www.fijirugby.com/. All applications will be treated with strict confidence and should be received by Saturday, 25th of May 2019 with subject as job title.
The Human Resource Officer
Fiji Rugby Union
35 Gordon Street
Fiji Rugby Union thanks all applicants for your interest; please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.