PROGRAM MANAGER – PROFESSIONAL TEAMS
The Fiji Rugby Union, through its Professional Teams, competes professional elite rugby championships in the Asia/Pacific region. We are the current champions of the Australian National Rugby Championship (NRC) and will be competing in the Global Rapid Rugby Competition from 2019.
As such, the Fiji Rugby Union is recruiting a dynamic and energetic professional in the role of Program Manager – Professional Teams to lead these Teams to success.
About the role
The Program Manager – Professional Teams will be responsible for leading and managing the Professional Team management structure under the guidance of the General Manager Rugby, technical leadership of the Head Coach, and within the corporate structure of Fiji Rugby Union.
Key responsibities will include
Under the leadership of the General Manager Rugby, the key responsibilities for the position are outlined below:
- Implementation of strategic and operational plans of the Professional Teams
- Foster and maintain a high performance team culture where values such as team organization before self; hard work; service to stakeholders; honesty; integrity and achievement are to the fore.
- Establish effective systems and processes to manage and monitor the Teams’ organizational, corporate and management requirements.
- Manage the relevant performance support teams in partnership with the Head Coach
- Building, developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key stakeholders where necessary – Union Affiliates, World Rugby, the Fiji Rugby Union and sponsors.
- Manage program budgets and assist in the timely audit of financial accounts of the Professional Teams
- Support wherever possible, Rugby Development, High Performance and pathways of Rugby in Fiji.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience and expertise with professional or national-level rugby team(s)
- Strong understanding of managing High Performance rugby programs
- Outstanding leadership, communication and planning skills
- Financial management ability
- Cultural fit and suitability for Fiji rugby operating environment
Qualification and work experience
- A valid passport and driver’s license
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications [desirable]
- Comprehensive understanding of managing professional rugby teams
- Gravitas, discretion and ability to deliver within deadlines and budgets
- Above all, the desire to win!
Written applications must include:
- A cover letter
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- 3 Referees with a background in High Performance Sport
Application to be emailed to email@example.com or
Posted to Hand-delivered to
The Chief Executive Officer The Chief Executive Officer
Fiji Rugby Union Fiji Rugby Union
P O Box 1234 35 Gordon Street
Applications will close on 1st February 2019.