The Fiji Rugby Union (‘FRU’) is based in the Nation’s capital of Suva and administers the sport of Rugby Union over the nation’s 14 provinces. The major responsibility of FRU is to continuously develop and improve processes by enabling pathways from “grass root” level to elite and professional level. FRU endeavors to enhance players’ and officials’ competencies locally and internationally.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Fiji Rugby Union as they strategically reposition and navigate to become a strong contender at the highest level in the world of Rugby Union. The Fijian Sevens Team’s no. 1 ranking and recent successes have set a new benchmark for the FRU and their stakeholders to uphold and build on.
FRU therefore invites applications from dynamic individuals with outstanding credentials for the following position:
GENERAL MANAGER HIGH-PERFORMANCE
The General Manager High-Performance is responsible for the direction and management of Fiji Rugby Union (FRU) international and domestic elite athlete training environments. The primary challenge of this position is to improve Fiji’s international success and status in the sport of Rugby. This is a senior management role encompassing all operational facets of Fiji’s High-Performance program. This would include national senior squads, national age grade, national academy programs and the coordination of High-Performance Unit programs in line with the National High-Performance plan.
• Produce, develop, maintain and implement FRU High-Performance Plan including the Annual High-Performance Operational Plan and Budget.
• Monitor all of FRU policies, procedures and guideline manuals as they apply to High-Performance programs and operational expectations.
• Monitor all Rugby programs and operations that are planned and delivered by FRU High-Performance staff.
• Provide leadership and support in planning and coordinating the roles and the functions of all staff involved in High-Performance programs.
• Support the on-going development of all High-Performance programs, staff and volunteers.
• Implement and monitor on-going staff performance reviews and program reviews.
• Act in a liaison role with the World Rugby, FASANOC as well as serving as a focal point for High-Performance and National programs operating under the umbrella of FRU.
• Monitor the integration and the sequencing of programs that provide player, coach, referee and team manager pathways for transitioning from the development to the High-Performance pathway domains as well as the national teams.
• Manage the operations of the High-Performance Unit
• Address the professional development needs of all High-Performance staff members.
• Prepare and monitor budgets associated with the management and the on-going operation of the High-Performance Unit.
Qualification and Work Experience:
• Experience in working in a professional rugby structure is highly desirable
• At least 5 years experience in a High-Performance role in a professional and/or Olympic sporting environment or international Academy/Institute
• A degree in Sports Science, Human Movement, Sports Administration or another relevant field would be desirable.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact the Fiji Rugby Union on l +679 330 2787or email email@example.com
Click Here the link to access Job description:
Written applications must include:
• Cover Letter
• Updated Curriculum Vitae
• Certified Academic Transcripts
• A list of three professional referees with current contact addresses
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Manager Human Resource
Fiji Rugby Union
P O Box 1234
Suva Hand delivered to:
Manager Human Resource
Fiji Rugby Union
35 Gordon Street
Applications close on Saturday 30th November 2019
Fiji Rugby Union thanks all applicants for your interest; please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.