Coach - Digicel Fiji 7s team
11 October, 2011
Applications are invited from interested individuals for the position of Coach of the Digicel Fiji 7s team for the 20011-12 HSBC Sevens World Series.
The Coach of the Digicel Fiji 7s team will be responsible for:
- Team performance.
- Tournament results achieved.
- The development of game strategies.
The Coach is also required to support the Manager to ensure appropriate team discipline at all times. In particular this includes: punctuality, general behavior, dress, sponsor obligations and compulsory attendance at all official functions. Requirements
- A minimum of IRB L2 coach accreditation;
- Be actively involved in coaching and/or development of the 7s game;
- Be a strategic thinker and a good reader of the game of 7s;
- Understands the principles of fitness training that will produce maximum performance at the right time.
- The analytical ability to submit an in depth report to the CEO on the performance of each player within a week of completion of each leg of the Sevens World Series.
- Applicants with national and international coaching experience will be looked upon very positively.
The position of Digicel Fiji 7s Coach reports directly to the Digicel Fiji Team Manager who in turn reports to the Chief Executive Officer and High Performance Manager of the Fiji Rugby Union.
Applications accompanied by CV with names and addresses of two referees should be forward to:
The 7s Coach 2011/2012 Series
c/- The Chief Executive Officer
Fiji Rugby Union
PO Box 1234
Closing date of applications: Friday 28th October 2011 Note for Interview
Those called for the interview will be required to make a presentation to the Panelists lasting 30 minutes. Each may choose his/her mode of presentation: OHP, hard copy, or Power Point. The Presentation to include:
i. Style of 7s game to be coached;
ii. Strategies for achieving this (i. above);
iii. Why your approach will work; and
iv. Discipline (preparation & on-field) is an area of concern – how would you deal with it?